My friends and I try to get together as much as possible for holidays and events. Our playdates have turned into mini holiday parties! It’s so fun and festive for the kids and mamas. Check out the St patty’s day playdate I just attended. Maybe it’ll inspire you! I know it has definitely inspired me. The hostess prepared a fabulous DIY rainbow pizza for the kids and for the Irish in us (none of us are Irish (except one of the kids. She’s part Irish heehee)) we shared a Irish-inspired meal of corn beef and cabbage with roasted potatoes, Irish soda bread and yummy green desserts! Yummy!!!
💚💚🍀🍀”A good friend is like a 4 leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have” 🍀🍀💚💚
I didn’t actually make this cupcake myself but it was delicious and moist! Here is the recipe that was used!
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE RECIPE
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin tin. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter. Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
- Evenly distribute cake batter. Each cupcake liner should be about ½ full.
- Place in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- Prepare Buttercream Frosting according to instructions.
Or click here
The corned beef glaze recipe:
- ¼ cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons mustard
After slow cooking corned beef, bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes while glazing.