I was in a rush to pick up my son from preschool and get to a Valentine’s day playdate at a friend’s house. I didn’t want to show up empty-handed without cards so I quickly picked up my phone and searched on my trusty Pinterest. We had bought a huge box of twizzlers the night before for the kids in my nieces and nephews class so I looked up “twizzler v-day cards” and these simple arrows popped up. So I thought this is perfect and super cute to make with my heart paper punch! FIY I love paper punches!!!! Best invention for the crafters out there in DIY-land! Anyways here is how it turned out!
Not bad for a “at a whim” kind of project, right?? I just punched out hearts in various shades of pink paper and hand cut the feathered end. Then for the tags I punched out tag and hand wrote a cute message. If I hadn’t procrastinated so much I probably would have designed and printed out a tag but these hand written tags turned out cute and simple if I do say so myself!
So here’s the process:
- For the feathered end: cut out a rectangle about 2in x 3in.
- Fold it in half
- Cut the left and right edge at a diagonal.
- Cut 2 slits on the folded end (top).
- Cut slits all along the open edge (bottom).
Things you need:
- EK tools Punch for Arts and Craft, Large, Heart
- Fiskars XX-Large Lever Punch, Tag
- Farious shades of Pink Paper
- double sided tape
- Valentine’s Day Stickers